HTML Widget
Membership
Calendar
Rapid Raid
Recent Images
Facebook

RSS Feed
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belraene
Belraene - Events Officer
Officer
Chieftain of the Dúnedain

re: Ilvanor's Pub Crawl

On November 26 at 3:00pm EST/noon pacific
Our first role-playing event!

We will be visiting all the pubs in the shire!

On November 26 our first Pub will be at the Golden Perch. Please try and arrive promptly. The Rotten Egg gets to buy a round of the house brew for everyone!

The theme for this gathering is "Stories of Fortuitous Adventures"

And there were tales! Lots of laughter and some interesting brew. Thanks to Ilvanor for leading us into our story exchange. Elunera brought good pipeweed and ale. Logrjigi was a fashion statement and had the eyes of several young hobbits. Finnan was prepared to throw out trouble makers. Fortunately there were none! Denwyn and Sperra hung out at the bar and looked a little loopy. Not sure if it was them or me! And Fairagon came to shout out to the world this and that! It didn't quite make sense..but still a nice newcomer. Photos were taken but dropped outside in the water. Oh well, there is always next time!

Ilvanor will lead us in some stories and chat. You are all to be part of the conversations! Put in your two cents and regale all pub patrons with your comments/stories/song!

Join us when you like, stay as long as you want! Enjoy hanging out with your kinmates and more.

The remaining schedule is:

December 3rd - The Floating Log and theme is "Humorous Tales or Misadventures"

What an experience! The crowd was too numerous to name (apologies to all). Denwyn brought Toad's Tongue Ale or something close to that..and eww. I do not like a drink that feels like it is alive as you swallow it! The Shire Sweet Leaf Pipeweed was remarkable..I placed an order for my own supply! Ilvanor lead us in another fabulous world of tales. I swear I heard croaking but couldn't quite locate the source. Looking for our next pub event! See you there!

December 10th - Green Dragon and theme is "Tales of Heroism and Bravery"

Oh the stories we heard! Very exciting and breath taking! Belraene told of an experience in Dunbog. Egilad was quite a poet. No one expected the little man to be so well versed. Ithael and Iplo had a very action packed account of some travels they had together. Though Iplo was more of mime. Denphira again brought some tasty ale. I believe Belraene had too much of it. Ilvanor kept the stories rolling along and offered some of his own fascinating experiences. Looking forward to next week! Oh and if you have time, take a look at the gallery for some sketches of the time we spent together.

December 17th - Ivy Bush Inn and theme is "Retelling of Getting Lost and Needing Rescue"

So many interesting and exciting stories! Klexin had a good story about losing his family heirloom helmet. Egilad was just a drunk hobbitt! Jubelee had a fun story with a twist about a squirrel at Thorins Hall. Idrilien's storry involved saving an elf damsel from torture! (Shivers) Belraene's lost and found story involved Jubelee..surprise! Thanks to all that showed up and shared stories, ale, pipeweed and fellowship!

December 24th RESCHEDULED for Jan 7 - Bird & Baby Inn with the theme "Things That Gave Hope to Keep on Going"

More information to come. If you have questions or suggestions please share those thoughts with Ilvanor or Belraene.

Last edited by Belraene - Events Officer on 2011/12/21 11:01; edited 7 times in total

Belraene~Loremaster/Tinker
Buckrondor~Hunter/Explorer
Dreamona~Burglar/Yeoman
Saelretil~Runekeeper/Explorer
Spruna~Burglar
Ithilidin
Officer
Captain

A bit later than I really wanted to post these, but with system problems, and me forgetting where I saved files and named them, it proved slightly problematic. Without further adieu, examples for fortuitous!

How you found something special to you.
How you had a chance encounter with someone who made an impact.
Stealing something that was of worth.
How you cheated defeat and won against a superiour foe.
How you won a rare or unique item.
There are many more examples, but this should help get some ideas started.

Stories can be as long and detailed as you wish, or short and succinct. We just want to hear a time in your life within Middle Earth that you found good luck and gained something of value, but it monetary or sentimental.

Rolling Along (randomly made up for an example)
It started off as a quiet day, delivering bad pies in the Shire because, somehow, a hobbit had made bad food. I get this message asking if I would like to go storm a tower over in Mirkwood. Well, it sure beats carrying pies around, so I readily agreed.

And storm the tower we did. Everything within fell before us like blades of grass in a hurricane! They didn't know what had hit them. When we finished, we found there was a chest just sitting in the last room, so, naturally, we could not pass the chance up to get something sparkly.

There were boots and a sword, and silver! So much silver. Medallions littering the bottom, intermingled with some marks. At the very bottom, though, was found the best of the treasures. A symbol! An actual symbol! It was a bit worn, sure, but there it was. I think I salivated a bit and drooled upon the floor.

Fortunately I was not the only one. We bickered and postured jovially with one another, though, I swear I could see a bloodlust rising in a few of my companions. Finally, someone pulled out some dice and suggested that high roll gets to keep the symbol.

Everyone agreed this was probably the fairest way and one by one everyone got their chance to roll. I remember one bloke rolled a three and everyone laughed. One person came up and rolled a 99! My heart sank. That was nearly impossible to beat.

I thought of not even bothering at that point, but figured I may as well, just in spirit of the game we were having. So, picking up the dice, I rolled and everyone's jaw dropped. It was a 100! I felt bad for winning, but I assure you, not for long. I had won the symbol!

Words To Regret By (actual encounter for illustration)
It was early in my adventuring career when I was still finding Bree to be the biggest and most confusing place I had ever been. I was exploring, peeking into things, getting yelled at not to peer into windows (they really should have had the curtains closed), when I get a whisper from the shrubs.

I thought that I was in trouble or going to be mugged, but as it it turned out, it was far worse.

A woman named Belraene asked me if I had ever thought about joining a kinship.

I replied that I had thought about it, but that I didn't really have anything to offer.

Without considering the ramifications to herself, or the kinship, she said that it was alright, that I would learn.

I thought about it for a moment, and decided why not and agreed.

After that, the rest is history. It was a fortuitous day for me, but a pox and curse upon the rest of the kinship.

Mucking About (randomly created for an example)
As many of you know, the Shire has a slug problem. Well, it was here that I was wandering about, killing the vile things when someone stopped and asked for directions. Seeing a chance to take a break from the slimy work, I offered to show them where to go.

Turns out they needed Brockenborings, which is a bit of a jaunt to the east. through the brackish water, over the hills, through the forest, I felt like going to grandma's house. But, I stayed on course and was able to lead them safely to the village.

We talked a bit about our professions and other things before we went our separate ways. In the end, I gained a good friend out of it.

Belraene - Events Officer
Officer
Chieftain of the Dúnedain

Awesome! I can only aspire to be found as amusing and interesting as your tales make you!

Good times ahead! Bring your best mount..the one that knows the way home! Some change to purchase ale (none will be guaranteed as tasty to you, but worth a swallow at least) and grub. Fortunately for those that travel within the Shire, the hobbitts are found to normally have scrumptious treats. Though the bad pies are certainly a mystery to me. Can't understand if they were meddled with or maybe a novice cook was allowed too much privilege?

Cheers to some fellowship and merry making!

Belraene~Loremaster/Tinker
Buckrondor~Hunter/Explorer
Dreamona~Burglar/Yeoman
Saelretil~Runekeeper/Explorer
Spruna~Burglar
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sons of Durin Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: