HTML Widget
Membership
Calendar
Rapid Raid
Recent Images
Facebook

RSS Feed
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sons of Durin Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slacking
ZKevin23
Officer
Captain

re: Re: Why do you play?

wraithwulf wrote:
Why do you play LOTRO? I like the story line, but the big reason is stress relief. I get to step out of the real world, forget the day and have fun being a fictional character that gets away with actions that would put him in jail in real life. Why do you play LOTRO?

This is one of just the many reasons I play. I do enjoy the lore and I do enjoy seeing middle earth. It is a wonderful MMO with so much to do and so much to see. You don't have to be an expert at everything or even be the best maxed out character to enjoy this game. That is a wonderful part about it. There's also so many of us that have stuck with it for so long that I enjoy playing with them. If we ever got into another game we would be playing it with each other as well!

Kinsman

re: Nethin the necromancer

bringing back dead posts...mwahahaha.

But I wanted to share my reason for playing.  I started playing lotro someone soon after it came out.  Through the years I have moved onto new games, only to come back to lotro.

As the land that we call Middle-Earth was created from the woven music of the Ainur, such was my prior time spent in lotro.  I was heavily immersed in the lore, music, poetry, and light-medium rp. 

I met many muses that would give me inspiration to write poetry and songs.  One day at lunch I was particularily inspiried and wrote a whole song based on Nethin's experiences of living at One Chestnut Lane. That night I recorded myself singing the song and the great Astleigh and Harperella worked with me to turn my tune into an actual written work. Perhaps sometime I'll play it for you :)

Later, as my ex-wife divorced me I met my now partnered girlfriend ingame. We now live together, with her (now) 9 year old girl and my (now) 7 year old boy, we are all but married.  Sometime after I met her I wrote my largest poem.  Thinking on it I find it a interesting mishmash of feelings both ingame and RL at the time

Eventually, I left the lonely mountain band and my gf and I and some of our in-life friends started our own kinship. Eventually they left the game to other games and it was really just me and another.

And then, as new shinier games come out I was finally tempted away to the elder scrolls online.  I played that since its release until last october/november.  And I came back to lotro, probably for a long long time.

No matter how much better the game mechanics or graphics, no active game can hold a candle to Lord of the Rings online.  We participate behind the scenes in the epic storyline that we know and love, and there are many things to do in lotro: creeping, saving middle earth, fishing contests if you wish, music, poetry, dancing, rp.  

Officer
Chieftain of the Dúnedain

re: Why do you play?

Nice idea!

I play for fun..with my sweetheart! He drags me through several differrent games with me kicking and screaming. I don't adjust to change well.

I fell in love with LOTRO. I like the graphics, music and the dress up!

I never read The Lord of the Rings. I did read The Hobbit and loved it.

I have really come to enjoy meeting people in online games. It is interesting to me how online games can create friendships with people you would never have met otherwise. People from all over the world, young and old, from all differnt types of backgrounds and races. I really enjoy this.

Belraene~Loremaster/Tinker
Buckrondor~Hunter/Explorer
Dreamona~Burglar/Yeoman
Saelretil~Runekeeper/Explorer
Spruna~Burglar
Finnan1
Kinsman

There are a lot of reasons why I enjoy playing this game, and the one Wraithwulf mentioned was definitely one of them, but I think, for me, It's a more complicated story. First of all, I love the world of Middle Earth in all its forms, whether it's LOTR or the Silmarillion or the Hobbit, books or movies, and the game allows me to de-stress (can't say 'relax' since it's not always relaxing). It also allows me to enjoy the camaraderie of group activities like raiding, which I enjoy and don't get the chance to do in IRL.
wraithwulf
Kinsman

Why do you play LOTRO? I like the story line, but the big reason is stress relief. I get to step out of the real world, forget the day and have fun being a fictional character that gets away with actions that would put him in jail in real life. Why do you play LOTRO?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sons of Durin Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: