HTML Widget
Membership
Calendar
Rapid Raid
Recent Images
Facebook

RSS Feed
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheriziya
Kinsman
High-captain

re: LOTRO Community Site Revamp July 28 - Aug 1, 2013 - ESTIMATE

@Mods: I hope it's okay to post this news here. I thought this would be the best place. If not, please move it to the correct place!

Sapience posted this news yesterday:
Quote:
On Monday July 29 at 10AM Eastern time, the LOTRO Forums will be placed into read only mode and a forum, “Temporary Discussions” will be created for each of our supported languages (English, German, and French). Posts in these forums will not be saved or copied to the new forum. It is only being created so that players can continue to interact with us and each other during the maintenance. We encourage everyone to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to keep up to date as we will be posting updates and status changes there. If there are issues during the deployment our social media channels may be the only means available to us to update you. We currently expect the migration to take up to 4 days to complete.

What is staying and being improved:

Official Forums
The forums will be upgraded to a newer version of VBulletin. Changes will include:

* The forum styling/appearance will be updated and will now scale to the full width of your browser window.
* A new “Community Digest” page that will have links to lotteries, forums, and updated news.
* The reputation system will be discontinued.
* Forum performance will be improved.
* Forums should perform better on mobile devices.

LOTRO Lotteries
The lottery widget is going away and a new Lottery page is taking its place. Several small changes have been made that should make it easier to see which lotteries you are eligible for, which you have entered, and your winnings after the fact. You should also now be able to see all lotteries, even if your character cannot enter them. The “no lottery” message should also now correctly state there are no lotteries running if there are no active lotteries.

Character Copy for Bullroarer and Beta.
The character copy system we use for Bullroarer and beta testing will be improved and easier to use.

The following features are being discontinued:
* The LOTRO Lorebook
* Player Blogs
* PvMP leaderboards
* Skirmish Leaderboards
* Character and Kinship Data and Pages
* Referrals
* Signup Rewards
* Item Icons / Tooltips
* Signature System

The Signature is basically staying, but the character banner is disappearing, due to the fact the character data will no longer be public.

I've already asked if the referral system and sign up rewards are going to return. Earlier it was announced the referral system would get a revamp.

Someone has already asked if the Interactive map from the Lorebook can be made available to place elsewhere on a site. I'm waiting on an answer to that question.

What does the rest mean for SoD?:
HTML Widget:
* References-> "Interactive Map"-link can probably be removed (see note about that below)
* References-> "Lotro Lorebook"-link can be removed
* References-> "Recent in Developer Diaries"-link can be probably be removed, but I'm not certain about that. I don't know how the setup of the site is going to be.
* Burglar Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Captain Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Champion Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Guardian Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Hunter Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Loremaster Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Minstrel Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Runekeeper Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Warden Hytbold-> All links can be removed
* Greater Erebor Armour Set-> Link can be removed
Section Links
* Lorebook Sons of Durin-> Link can be removed
* Hytbold Guide-> Link can be removed

I've made a backup of, also from the Forum threads, just in case the links cease to exist:
* Lorebook Sons of Durin
* All player created guides that were officially listed (like Traits 101). See a full list here.
* Hytbold Guide First Page of the Forum Thread which includes all of the armour sets and the rebuilding guide as far as I can tell. Please let me know if I need to update more of this thread!
* Update 10 Greater Erebor Armour Set from the testserver

Shrikaldim: Dwarf Champion, Armourer with specialization in Methalsmithing
Etheliyabur: Man Burglar, Explorer with specialization in Tailorship
Gliyalin: Dwarf Hunter, Armsman with specialization in Weaponsmithing
Arwiyaeth: Elf Minstrel, Tinker with Specialization in Jewellery
~~What can I say... I wanted to try out all classes and professions Happy ~~
Sheriziya
Kinsman
High-captain

re: Update to the Site revamp

The site revamp is done.

Just a heads up:
* Lorebook is completely gone, so everything here that's linking to the lorebook can be removed.
* Links to the forums need to be adjusted. If you now click, i.e., Hytbold Guide, it will not be displayed here in Guildlaunch. The link needs to be adjusted to:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?482751
* I can't seem to find the links to guides anymore (like traits 101) So I guess these links all can be removed too.

Lotteries are now back, for those who were interested Happy They even have a seperate page now. It's also very clear if there are lotteries. If there are, the page will show all lotteries, regardless if your character is eligible or not. If there are no lotteries, the pages shows the text "No active lotteries".
You can now also see the actual prize you've won in the lottery you've won, even from the old lotteries.

Have fun!

Shrikaldim: Dwarf Champion, Armourer with specialization in Methalsmithing
Etheliyabur: Man Burglar, Explorer with specialization in Tailorship
Gliyalin: Dwarf Hunter, Armsman with specialization in Weaponsmithing
Arwiyaeth: Elf Minstrel, Tinker with Specialization in Jewellery
~~What can I say... I wanted to try out all classes and professions Happy ~~
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sons of Durin Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: